(June, 2019 update): Plans for our rebuilding project at our property at 312 Lisgar Street have undergone exciting changes, which will be announced in the coming months. Stay tuned to learn more about Ottawa’s future downtown mosque, community hub, and social service centre.
Features of the forthcoming plans for the new building:
- 9 stories with a finished basement (10 levels)
- Welcoming Muslim community information centre
- New prayer facility to accommodate 600 worshipers, with bright and spacious women’s and men’s areas.
- Offices for Muslim Family Services of Ottawa.
- Several floors of affordable housing for vulnerable members of our community.
- Dynamic, friendly, and welcoming community hub.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Library and Bookstore.
- Meeting and Conference Rooms.