The full-time Fundraising Manager provides the coordination and implementation of the fundraising strategies and plan, including but not limited to developing corporate partnerships, individual giving, direct mail campaigns, organizing fundraising events and appeals, and sourcing grant income from government partners, private trusts and foundations. The Fundraising Manager’s responsibilities will be divided between two areas: Community Fundraising and Online Fundraising.
Cover letter and resume must be submitted no later than August 21, 2019. Please email email@example.com.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
- Responsible for cultivating and managing relationships with funders and donors and the strategic direction for growth of fundraising and donor management.
- Assist with creating the fundraising budget, monitors the budget, and meets all related targets and established revenue goals.
- Assist in the identification, preparation, and submission of grant applications related to ICC’s building project.
- Developing innovative marketing materials related to ICC’s building project.
- Organize fundraising events with specific targets.
- Ensure transparency and accountability to donors.
- Develop effective strategies to increase revenue from individual and corporate donors, including renewing existing donors to maintain and upgrade their current level of support.
- Enhancing the monthly giving program.
- Develop and implement a legacy giving program.
- Use effective strategies to support growth in major gift programs, including conducting cultivation visits, solicitation calls and stewardship activities.
- Employ creativity to ensure donor engagement.
- Work with the board of directors and Outreach Director to build a pool of skilled and dedicated volunteer fundraisers
- Co-ordinate volunteer engagement and recognition strategies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Develop, plan and execute a consistent and concerted online mobilization, outreach and fundraising program to create and implement comprehensive strategies to enhance constituent engagement and grow digital audiences and revenue through online campaigns and social media.
- Develop digital donor cultivation, renewal, and solicitation programs and schedules.
- Create and execute donor conversion, retention and upgrade strategies.
- Develop email strategies, creative direction and lead implementation of email campaigns to drive fundraising.
- Set monthly and annual goals and develop a framework for tracking, evaluating, and optimizing campaign performance and engagement metrics; analyze and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans.
- Create and manage online campaigns, online advertising and online/offline grassroots strategies to build email lists for fundraising and advocacy purposes.
- Implement and monitor test plans, metrics and analysis of online fundraising and constituent mobilization campaigns.
- Oversee monthly report on key digital giving metrics.
- Write/edit key copy for digital fundraising campaigns.
- Research and implement new technologies and techniques as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- The Fundraising Manager understands and supports ICC’s mission.
- The Fundraising Manager has a strong and intimate understanding of the Canadian Muslim community.
- This position requires superior communication and interpersonal skills, exceptional organizational abilities and excellent presentation skills.
- The Fundraising Manager must be a self-starter with initiative who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- They are a strategic thinker with proven ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively.
- Post-secondary experience in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum four years of experience in a fundraising position.
- Proven experience with major gifts; demonstrated success in securing major gifts from corporate and individual donors in the $5,000+ range.
- Knowledge of Canadian charitable laws, requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency and provincial regulations.
- Ability to plan, balance and manage competing priorities.
- High level of computer competency and literacy.
- Proven experience using fundraising software.
- Demonstrates initiative, discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Excellent capacity to work in a small team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers.
- Experience in marketing and fundraising campaigns via social media and crowdfunding.
- Commitment to delivering the highest standard of service.
- Perfect fluency in oral and written English is required
- Fluency in oral and written French is desirable.
- Fluency in other languages is an asset, including, but not limited to, Arabic, Somali, or Urdu.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.