Islam Care Centre works to help support Islam and Muslims in Ottawa through the social, spiritual and mental health aspects of daily life.
We have a dedicated board, a compact workforce, and a large group of amazing volunteers who help run our programs. Our partners throughout the city offer a variety of services to empower, uplift and create ease in the lives of Muslims in our city.
While we wait to open our new building, we are still actively planning and supporting our brothers and sisters the best way we know how: with care.
Islam Care Centre is looking for a new Marketing Co-ordinator Intern to promote Islam Care inititatives and products. Your role is to inform the public on the activities and services available at Islam Care, while also increasing overall traffic to the Centre.
- Market and sell all Islam Care merchandise (books and islamic paraphernalia) using modern online methods.
- Promote Islam Care’s dawah initiatives.
- Advance Islam Care’s fundraising efforts.
- Working on earning or have earned a post secondary degree.
- Knowledge of Canva Pro.
- Experience with managing social media accounts.
- Good understanding of e-Commerce.
- Web development and design is a plus.
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Google Drive and Mail, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Bi-Linguality (English and French and/or Arabic and/or Somali)