Islam Care Centre works to help support Islam and Muslims in Ottawa through the social, spiritual and mental health aspects of daily life.
We have a dedicated board, a compact workforce, and a large group of amazing volunteers who help run our programs. Our partners throughout the city offer a variety of services to empower, uplift and create ease in the lives of Muslims in our city.
While we wait to open our new building, we are still actively planning and supporting our brothers and sisters the best way we know how: with care.
Islam Care Centre is looking for a new Events Coordinator to organize and coordinate Islam Care events. Your role is to create and maintain the currently active Islam Care activities.
- Get Islam Care to participate in the 3 events over the summer booth style.
- Maintain current Islam Care weekly events such as Saturday Hot Meals and Children’s Weekend Activities and more.
- Organize 1 fundraising formal dinner.
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Google Drive and Mail, in particular)
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Bi-Linguality (English and French / Arabic / Somali)