Islam Care Centre works to help support Islam and Muslims in Ottawa through the social, spiritual and mental health aspects of daily life.
We have a dedicated board, a compact workforce, and a large group of amazing volunteers who help run our programs. Our partners throughout the city offer a variety of services to empower, uplift and create ease in the lives of Muslims in our city.
While we wait to open our new building, we are still actively planning and supporting our brothers and sisters the best way we know how: with care.
Islam Care Centre is looking for a new Administrative Assistant to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
- Develop Dawah program: Continue in ICC’s mission and tradition in providing dawah services to Centretown Ottawa. Provide oversight for new and ongoing dawah programs
- Coordinate the New building project by ensuring all relevant tasks towards project completion are accomplished smoothly and professionally
- Plan and organize fundraising events to support the Centre’s programs and major projects
- Act as a communicative point of contact for the board of directors
- Be subject to audits by the board of directors
- Run the bookstore
- Apply for grants for the organization
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers
- Organization of the ICC storage unit
- Proven experience as an Office Manager, Front Office Manager or Administrative Assistant
- Knowledge of Office Administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Google Drive and Mail, in particular)
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g . fax machines and printers)
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Bi-Linguality (English and French and/or Arabic and/or Somali)